The competition is open to Men, Women, and Children of all age groups and belt levels, from white to black belts in the following divisions: “Based on the Date of Birth.”
- Youth (4 to 15 years old) White Belt through Green Belts.
- Juvenile (16 and 17 years old) White and Blue Belts.
- Adults (18 to 29 years old) White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts.
- Masters 1 (30 to 39 years old) White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts.
- Masters 2 (40 to 47 years old) White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts.
- Masters 3 (48 to 55 years old) White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts.
- Masters 4 (56 years and older) White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts.
FEES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Spectators: Admission Tickets
– Children 5 years old and under: Free Admission.
– Children and Adults: 6 years and older: Admission Tickets $10.00
– Children (competitors) get one parent for free as a spectator.
– Coaches must be registered in order to receive a coaching pass and qualify for a free admission.
EARLY BIRD Registration Deadline:
Saturday, March 23, 2019 by 11:59pm PST.
- Youth: $60.00 (4 to 15 years old)
- Juvenile: $70.00 (16 and 17 years old)
- Adults: $70.00 (18 years and older)
FINAL Registration Deadline:
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 by 11:59pm PST.
- Youth: $75.00 (4 to 15 years old)
- Juvenile: $85.00 (16 and 17 years old)
- Adults: $85.00 (18 years and older)
- Registration Fee is Non-Refundable and Non-Transferable.
- Any athlete that is over their registered weight will automatically be disqualified.
- The Charles Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Tournament 2019 will use a SINGLE ELIMINATION SYSTEM for youth, juvenile and adult competitors.
All weigh-ins will be conducted on the mat before the athlete’s first fight WITH THE GI ON. In the weight list the “GI WEIGHT” is already added, so make sure the athletes are in the correct division.
All competitors must wear a CLEAN and a SOLID colored Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu GI (Kimono), either ALL WHITE, ALL BLUE or ALL BLACK in color. NO OTHER COLORS OF ANY KIND! NO mixing of colors. Example; white pants and blue top or blue pants and white top, etc.… will NOT be allowed.
Competitors will compete with regulation GIs only. A regulation GI is four fingers cuff clearance and sleeves are to be no shorter than 4” from wrist between wrist and sleeve of GI. All male competitors are not allowed to wear any clothing underneath the GI including T-Shirts, Rash Guard, Sweatpants, etc.…
WEIGH-INS TIME AND LOCATION:
All weigh-ins will be conducted on the mat before the athlete’s first fight WITH THE GI ON. In the weight list the “GI WEIGHT” is already added, so make sure the athletes are in the correct division. Any athlete that is over their registered weight will automatically be disqualified. Juvenile and adult athletes MUST bring a valid official photo ID at the time of weigh-in.
The Competitor Package will be distributed at the CHECK-IN TABLE the day of the tournament, or the day before the tournament at the Charles Gracie Academy in Tracy if they wish, The Competitor Package contains the following:
- Tickets for entry into the event (without which no one, not even athletes, will be admitted).
- One complimentary tournament t-shirt.
- Match Queuing Card (this card will have athlete’s name, mat number to report to, and match number for athlete’s first match). Without Match Queuing Card, athlete will not be allowed in the competition area.
If the athletes choose to pick up the “Competitor’s Package” the day before the tournament, this will allow them to bypass the normal line for the athletes at the check-in table the day of the tournament and enter directly into the tournament site without waiting in line.
We have a “NOVICE DIVISION” available for youth, juvenile and adults. To qualify for the “Novice Division” the athlete MUST have no more than SIX MONTHS of Jiu-Jitsu training, and the cutoff date will be 10/6/2018. Also, all athletes’ brackets are based on Weight Division, Age, and Belt Rank.
We want to give beginners a chance to compete and enjoy the atmosphere as a competitor and not just a spectator. This will be specifically for those students who have just begun to study the Art of Jiu-Jitsu.
EARLY CHECK IN (Fast Way):
Day before the tournament / Friday, April 5th, from 5:00pm to 8:00pm
Athletes have the option of pick up the required “Competitor’s Package” (Event Entry Tickets, Queuing Card, and one complementary Tournament T-Shirt) the day before the tournament if they wish. This will allow them to bypass the normal line for the competitors at the check-in table the day of the tournament and enter directly into the tournament site without waiting in line.
The Athlete can pick up the competitor’s package the day before the tournament at the Charles Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy located at 1005 E. Pescadero Ave. Suite 149, Tracy, CA 95304 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm
CHAMPION OF THE CHAMPIONS DIVISION:
Instead of the regular “OPEN DIVISION” for each belt, we will have the ‘CHAMPION OF THE CHAMPIONS DIVISIONS”. To qualify for the “Champion of the Champions” a competitor MUST take 1st or 2nd place in their weight division. The Champion of the Champions Division will have two weight classes, (181.0lbs. and under) / (181.1lbs. and over). White Belts will compete against other White Belts; Blue Belts compete against Blue Belts, etc…
Remember that the Champion of the Champion Division will be for the Adult Male Competitors Only!
ATTENTION: The academy owner is responsible for registering their coaches. No more than 2 coaches per schools are allowed. The academy owner must submit an” Individual Coach Registration Form” in order to receive a coaching pass and qualify for a free admission. We WILL NOT have registration after March 27, 2019 by 11:59pm PST or during the tournament!
Only Coach’s will be allowed in the coaching corner and they must show a coaching pass to access this area. A chair will be placed on two corners of the mat for coaches – one for each competitor’s coach. The coach must remain seated, and moving the chair from its predetermined location is NOT allowed. Coaches must obey the referee’s commands at all times. Failure to follow these rules may result in PENALTY of the ATHLETE being coached!
- All athletes will receive a complimentary tournament t-shirt.
- All athletes in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded gold, silver and bronze medals respectively.
- All athletes who win the Champion of the Champions divisions will be awarded with champion’s belts.
A referee should always respect fair play. He should see that all competitors display their techniques to the best of their ability. It is not enough for a referee to mechanically conduct a match. He must exert his best efforts in each match to conduct the match smoothly and professionally so that the results can be satisfactory to all parties. A referee must always do his best make a just decision and accept the full responsibility for that decision. A referee must be impartial and non-bias to all competitors, and never favoring one competitor over another.
In order to run a smooth and organized tournament, the tournament organizers reserve the right to choose volunteers and reassignment. If you like to volunteer to help at the tournament, or if you have any questions or concerns about the information above please feel free to contact us at (925) 292-5454 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
CHARLES GRACIE JIU-JITSU TOURNAMENT 2019