It is the athlete’s responsibility to review their information and let us know if they would like us to make any changes. We can only accept changes for weight classes via email by Friday, March 31, 2023, 11:59 pm PST.
The competition is open to Men, Women, and Children of all age groups and belt levels, from white to black belts in the following divisions: “Based on the Date of Birth.” We never combine male and female.
- Youth / Male and Female (4 to 15 years old) White Belt through Green Belts.
- Juvenile / Male and Female (16 and 17 years old) White and Blue Belts.
- Adults / Male and Female (18 to 29 years old) White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts.
- Masters 1 / Male and Female (30 to 39 years old) White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts
- Masters 2 / Male and Female (40 to 47 years old) White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts.
- Masters 3 / Male and Female (48 to 55 years old) White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts.
- Masters 4 / Male and Female (56 to 61 years old) White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts.
- Masters 5 / Male and Female (62 years and older) White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black Belts.
FEES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Spectators: Admission Tickets
– Children 5 years old and under: Free Admission.
– Children and Adults: 6 years and older: Admission Tickets $10.00
– Children (competitors) get one parent for free as a spectator.
– Coaches must be registered in order to receive a coaching pass and qualify for free admission into the tournament venue.
REGISTRATION & FREE COMPETITOR T-SHIRT DEADLINES:
- Start: Monday, January 16, 2023 at 12:00am PST.
- End: Friday, March 31, 2023 by 11:59pm PST.
Division Change Deadline:
We can only accept changes for weight classes via email by Friday, March 31,2023 11:59pm PST.
SUPERSAVER Registration Deadline: Sunday, February 5, 2023 by 11:59pm PST.
- Youth: $80.00 (4 to 15 years old)
- Juvenile: $90.00 (16 and 17 years old)
- Adults: $90.00 (18 years and older)
EARLY BIRD Registration Deadline: Sunday, March 12, 2023 by 11:59pm PST.
- Youth: $90.00 (4 to 15 years old)
- Juvenile: $100.00 (16 and 17 years old)
- Adults: $100.00 (18 years and older)
REGULAR Registration Deadline: Wednesday, March 22, 2023 by 11:59pm PST.
- Youth: $100.00 (4 to 15 years old)
- Juvenile: $110.00 (16 and 17 years old)
- Adults: $110.00 (18 years and older)
FINAL Registration Deadline: Friday, March 31, 2023by 11:59pm PST.
- Youth: $120.00 (4 to 15 years old)
- Juvenile: $130.00 (16 and 17 years old)
- Adults: $130.00 (18 years and older)
* ONE COMPLEMENTARY TOURNAMENT T-SHIRT FOR THE FIRST 250 PARTICIPANTS TO REGISTER!
1. Registration Fee is Non-Refundable and Non-Transferable.
2. Any athlete that is over their registered weight will automatically be disqualified. Athletes must make weight to fight at the event.
3. The Charles Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Tournament 2023 will use a SINGLE ELIMINATION SYSTEM for youth, juvenile and adult competitors.
4. All weigh-ins will be conducted on the mat before the athlete’s first fight WITH THE GI ON. In the weight list the “GI WEIGHT” is already added, so make sure the athletes are in the correct division.
All competitors must wear a CLEAN and a SOLID colored Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu GI (Kimono), either ALL WHITE, ALL BLUE or ALL BLACK in color. NO OTHER COLORS OF ANY KIND! NO mixing of colors. Example; white pants and blue top or blue pants and white top, etc.… will NOT be allowed.
Competitors will compete with regulation GIs only. A regulation GI is four fingers cuff clearance and sleeves are to be no shorter than 4” from wrist between wrist and sleeve of GI. All male competitors are not allowed to wear any clothing underneath the GI including T-Shirts, Rash Guard, Sweatpants, etc.…
WEIGH-INS TIME AND LOCATION:
All weigh-ins will be conducted on the mat before the athlete’s first fight WITH THE GI ON. In the weight list the “GI WEIGHT” is already added, so make sure the athletes are in the correct division. Any athlete that is over their registered weight will automatically be disqualified. Athletes must make weight to fight at the event. Both juvenile and adult athletes MUST bring a valid official photo ID at the time of weigh-in.
The Competitor Package will be distributed at the CHECK-IN TABLE the day of the tournament, or the day before the tournament at the Charles Gracie Academy in Tracy if they wish, The Competitor Package contains the following:
- Tickets for entry into the event (without which no one, not even athletes, will be admitted).
- Match Queuing Card (this card will have athlete’s name, mat number to report to, and match number for athlete’s first match). Without Match Queuing Card, athlete will not be allowed in the competition area.
If the athletes choose to pick up the “Competitor’s Package” the day before the tournament, this will allow them to bypass the normal line for the athletes at the check-in table the day of the tournament and enter directly into the tournament site without waiting in line.
We have a “NOVICE DIVISION” available for youth, juvenile and adults. To qualify for the “Novice Division” the athlete MUST have no more than SIX MONTHS of Jiu-Jitsu training, and the cutoff date for having started training Jiu-Jitsu is October 9, 2021. NO EXCEPTIONS! Also, all athletes’ brackets are based on Weight Division, Age, and Belt Rank. We never combine male and female.
We want to give beginners a chance to compete and enjoy the atmosphere as a competitor and not just a spectator. This will be specifically for those students who have just begun to study the Art of Jiu-Jitsu.
EARLY CHECK IN (Fast Way): Day before the tournament / Friday, April 14th, from 5:00pm to 8:00pm.
Athletes have the option of pick up the required “Competitor’s Package” (Event Entry Tickets and Queuing Card) the day before the tournament if they wish. This will allow them to bypass the normal line for the competitors at the check-in table the day of the tournament and enter directly into the tournament site without waiting in line. The Athlete can pick up the competitor’s package the day before the tournament at the Charles Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy located at 1005 E. Pescadero Ave. Suite 149, Tracy, CA 95304 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm
ATTENTION: The academy owner is responsible for registering their coaches. Each Academy can have up to 6 (six) coaches depending on how many students enroll in the tournament from that Academy. The academy owner must submit an” Individual Coach Registration Form” in order to receive a coaching pass and qualify for free admission into the tournament venue. We WILL NOT have registration after Friday, March 31, 2023 by 11:59pm PST or during the tournament.
Only Coach’s will be allowed in the coaching corner and they must show a coaching pass to access this area. A chair will be placed on two corners of the mat for coaches – one for each competitor’s coach. The coach must remain seated, and moving the chair from its predetermined location is NOT allowed. Coaches must obey the referee’s commands at all times. Failure to follow these rules may result in PENALTY of the ATHLETE being coached!
Just to remind all coaches, 3 penalties will result in an ejection from the tournament. Any complaints regarding referees should be directed to the “Chief Referee” AFTER THE MATCH.
The following activities from a coach and or instructors may result in an ejection from the tournament:
* Arguing with the referee.
* Failure to remain seated on chair at all the time.
* Moving of Coach’s chair.
* Unsportsmanlike-like conduct by coaches may result in competitor disqualification.
Competition Area Access to non-competitors will be restricted to Promoters, Volunteers, Coaches and Referees with the proper identification pass.
- One complementary tournament T-Shirt for the first 250 Participants to register.
- All athletes in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded gold, silver and bronze medals respectively.
A referee should always respect fair play. He should see that all competitors display their techniques to the best of their ability. It is not enough for a referee to mechanically conduct a match. He must exert his best efforts in each match to conduct the match smoothly and professionally so that the results can be satisfactory to all parties. A referee must always do his best make a just decision and accept the full responsibility for that decision. A referee must be impartial and non-bias to all competitors, and never favoring one competitor over another.
In order to run a smooth and organized tournament, the tournament organizers reserve the right to choose volunteers and reassignment. If you like to volunteer to help at the tournament, or if you have any questions or concerns about the information above, please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CONTACT US?
– For general questions regarding the tournament. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure to include the competitor’s first and last name on the email.
– Questions or any changes after you registered. Email to email@example.com
Please make sure to include the competitor’s first and last name on the email.
CHARLES GRACIE JIU-JITSU TOURNAMENT 2023